Saturday, May 29, 2010

night time potty training

I decided that once the last box of night time pull ups were done I was going to give night time potty training a try. On Monday May 17 it was the big day to start. I read up on it and pretty much every article I read said it's a crap shoot from 3-5 and you cant get mad or anything at them if they do wet the bed. It isn't considered "bed wetting" until after 5. I think those pull ups make it so they don't feel wet and it becomes a habit to just pee instead of getting up out of the comfy bed. The first week pretty much sucked. Changed their sheets at least once and sometimes twice each night. I bought another set of cheap sheets and waterproof mattress pads so when I went in in the middle of the night I just had to take the top set off and waalaa there was a bed made under it. Sydney was doing a little better then Courtney so I put Courtney in those plastic covered underwear which ended up making her get a really bad diaper rash. I have been putting them to bed between 8 and 8:30 and around 11 I go put them on the toilet. Sydney usually goes but Courtney doesn't. 3 days ago Sydney woke up w a dry diaper yay!! She even woke up and yelled for me to go at 3 am (I didnt hear her but Namy did and she took her) Two nights ago I stopped using the plastic covered underwear on Courtney and she has now woken up 2 days in a row with dry panties! Yay! She also has been going when I take her at 11. I told them when they went 7 days in a row w dry panties they get to go to the store and pick out new sheets...Sydney said she wants blue ones and Courtney said purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment