Monday, June 14, 2010

The Phoenix Children's Museum

Today I spontaneously took the girls to the children's museum. We are members and we havent gone in a long time. They have a new exhibit where it's like a big play place like McDonalds has but way better. It's made out of metal, wood and has the rock climbing things to crawl up some big tubes. I was a little mad because Courtney was crying when she was at the top because she couldnt figure out how to get back down. I started to go up but the guy told me I couldnt take my bag. We packed a lunch so I one of those cloth grocery bags and my purse. So I put the grocery bag in the cubby they provide and started up again. the guy repeats "no bags" and I was like it's my purse. "No bags" You have got to be kidding me, my kids crying and he wont let me pass because I have my backpack purse on. He then points to the lockers (.50 cents) I was so irritated! I finally saw Sam and told her to get Courtney while I put the bags in the locker. Then I headed up. I went all over that dang thing and they were already down and playing with the wind wall! UGH!
Classsic Sydney pose!

One of their favorite things to do is paint the Castle!
todays craft was hats!
plus free face painting
even the 15 minute line we had to wait in wasnt bad!
they were very bummed when I washed their faces tonight!


Sam waited patiently for the "boys" to be done playing on this so she could have a turn!
a rock w a hole in it!
Courtney crawled through and must have laid on her bladder because she said she had to go...but then she got out and said nope I dont have to!
I tried really hard to get a picture with all three girls but the twinks didnt want anything to do with that. Courtney kept saying "no, Sydney just me!
at one point they were starting to push themselves off the rock
my little modeler!
the twinks making "snow angels"

Samantha then proceeded to through the biggest fit she has thrown in a long time. It lasted a good 10 minutes and it was super embarrassing. She wanted to get her picture taken with "the babies" (she still calls them that) but they didnt want anything to do with that. They were to busy playing and really didnt want to! I was trying to get them to go to the car but Sam jsut sat there and screamed and cried like it was the end of the world. I grabbed the twinks hands and got them to the car but Sam just wouldnt stop. She jsut wanted me to take her picture. She looked horrible, she had tears streaming down her face and they looked all puffy so I jsut wasnt got to do it. i did take a short video once we got to the car but she looks so pathetic I wont post it for the world to see! All and all it was a fun little outing. I think we'll go back again on Weds!

No comments:

Post a Comment