Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kindergarten classrooms

I took the girls to kindergarten orientation on Thursday. They got to meet both the teachers (they had met one before) and do some "work." They worked with the alphabet with Mrs. Robbins and numbers with Mrs. Price. I had to go over all the rules and such with another lady. I also found out here are 40 kindergarteners so that means 20 in a classroom! Yay! When we got in the car they both told me they wanted the classroom with Mrs. Price. I told them that one of them was going to have Mrs. Robbins too. We have been talking about it all summer that they weren't going to be in the class. I knew when Friday came and we got the call on who is in whose class one was going to upset. Sure enough we got the call and Sydney got Mrs. Price. Courtney was crying and I really didn't know what to do and then all of a sudden they reason comes out why they both wanted Mrs. Price... She has a toy horse in her classroom! I told Courtney that on the first day of school which is Tuesday, we will bring a toy horse to Mrs. Robbins and donate to the classroom! That made her stop crying and now she is excited for school! Wow I am so glad it was so simple to make her happy. It really coul have been a long year...

No comments:

Post a Comment