Monday, January 4, 2010

CHICAGO

Jon and I got to spend 3 cold wintery days in Chicago for "our" birthdays! Jon spent 46 days away from me this year in Hilton Hotels so he is now a Diamond Member which means UPGRADES! We had an amazing suite over looking The Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium and Soldier field! It was awesome to get away without the kiddos and have some grown up time. I wasnt very smart (well I thought I was) and I pack only my black leather boots. Within 20 minutes of me being there I slipped and fell down the stairs at the train station. So we spent the next morning boot shopping!

Marshalyn Thurston and me. I hadnt seen MT since I left Washington State back in 1989. She was a sorority sister (yes I was a Sigma Kappa for a year) and we reconnected through facebook. It was great seeing her and a couple hours before we met up with her and her man, Donny, they got engaged! Woot!

the first of many portraits..the water tower in the back ground!

On Sunday we walked all over after I got new boots at the Water tower center. It was cold but it felt great to get out and shop and walk. Chicago is a great town to visit but I dont know why anybody would want to live there...it's cold and snowy and wet!

this statue had to be over 20 feet tall.

Yummy deep dish pizza...


good til the last bite!

We spent an hour or so walking along the Navy Pier. The kids would have absoluetly loved it. The whole upstairs was a winter wonderland with an ice skating rink, rides and lots of junk food. One of these years we'll take them there (perferably in the spring or early summer when the weather is not cold or muggy hot!)

the view from our room

The main reason we went was Jon got some incredible seats through work to the Monday Night Football game Bears vs. Vikings! Jon is a life long Vikings fan so it was an amazing night.

We got field passes. I was only down there for about 20 minutes before I couldnt stand the coldness...wish I would have stayed longer though because Jon got up close to Brett Favre and all the other teammates! But when the game finally started it was 22*...and the stands were packed! Crazy Bear fans!


The Skyline suite was amazing. Free drinks and tasty food...and when I mean food I mean a pasta bar, nacho bar, chicken wings, prime rib, pork wrapped in bacon, cheeses, hot dogs, dessert bar...you name they probably had it. Thanks LG for such a great time!


Jons friend Chris from Las Vegas.

Favre!




Just wish the game could have ended better for the Vikings an OT loss was a nail biter!


A walk though of the Skyline suite:


No comments:

Post a Comment