Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sausage

For my birthday Jon bought me all the parts for my kitchenaide mixer to make sausages, the meat grinder and the stuffer. I have been wanting one for a long time. It was alot of fun and I think we will be making a lot of sausages from here on out. It's a little time comsuming but boy were they delish! Here is our first attempt at making some:

getting everything all set up. Jon found a website w Sausage recipes


We went for the Polish sausage...We were amazed at how little spices were needed for the amount of meat that was called for. But since it was our first attempt we didnt deviate from the recipe which was a good thing because they were tasty...next time we'll take away a little of the salt though.


We didnt look at the directions at first and the meat wasnt coming out very good...we were getting really frustrated so we looked at the directions and lo and behold we forgot to put the blade in to cut the sausage up...doi!


The meat all ground up!


putting on the sausage casing. I went to Sprouts to see if they had any. I know they make them there so I figured they would. I was expecting them to give me the gelatin casing but nope they had a big bin of "intestines" and weighed out about a quater of a pound. It was kinda gross looking at it and putting it on the stuffer but it worked! It took awhile to get the stuffing down. it definetly is a two person job.


the final product!



sizzle sizzle sizzle


a bun, a little marinara, mozzarella cheese and yummo!


Cant wait to make more! So many different kinds we could make, next up chicken thai perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment